Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thrift Store Junkie

Everyone always wants to know what your hobby is. I usually am not sure how to answer this question. Today I decided that going to the thrift stores is my hobby. I love finding a one of a kind deal. I can spend hours digging for things. An addiction? Perhaps. I don't always find something and most of the time I go in looking for something in particular. But occasionally I'll just go in and see what I can find.

Today I wasn't looking for anything really, but came out with a huge white serving platter for $4, a small clear plate that I needed for a cupcake stand for $1.75, and a kids play vacuum for $3. I think I did well.

I really like going to the thrift stores that have sales. I know things are usually inexpensive to begin with compared to retail, but sometimes I don't want to pay what they are asking. So when I can get it for half off I get super excited.

So that's it, as crazy as it sounds...my hobby currently is thrift store shopping. Well...among other things too. Like making a quiet book, planning my son's first birthday, and making cupcakes for an upcoming wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment