Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Flowers-Flours

This is the first year I'm celebrating mother's day as a mom!!!  Technically we did something last year but I wasn't officially a mom yet. Being a mom has been rewarding and challenging, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Over the weekend we went to an antique store where not everything in there is an antique. I wasn't really finding anything I needed or wanted to have after looking around for awhile. Then there it was, a newer kitchenaid mixer. I just thought hmmm...I wonder how much it is. It was $125...really?  That is a great price, I said hey honey that mixer is only $125. He said do you want to think about it or maybe get it, I said both. We looked at a couple other things then he said OK.

So I got a KitchenAid mixer for my first Mother's Day gift. My husband said, I'll still get you something for mother's day, then he said I know, I'll get you flours!! Wheat, white, bread, etc.  HaHa, my husband the jokester.

I hope to get many years of use from my mixer and I know my arm will be thankful for it when I'm making cakes.

1 comment:

  1. That is the perfect mothers day gift for you! So glade you were able to find it at a good price, that just shows how thrifty you are!

    ReplyDelete