Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wedding Cakes

I was asked to help with the cakes and cupcakes for a friends wedding recently and decorated about 100 cupcakes and two large square cakes. Thank goodness my little man was patient while I was working, although I had to stop and hold him or feed him plenty. Mostly he just wanted to watch what I was doing. So again one handed I made the frosting while letting him watch.

I also made the cupcake stand to display the cupcakes and since they weren't having a traditional wedding cake I made the stand take the place of it. I covered some boxes with fabric and wrapped a ribbon around them, and tiered them using the dollar store candlesticks. It looked lovely and the bride, groom, and guests were very well pleased.

I made chocolate monograms which were incredible simple. I printed out a sheet with the letter "N" on it with the font I wanted, about 12 on a sheet. Layed a sheet of wax paper on top of it and piped the melted white chocolate on top. Basic tracing.  Once hardened, gently peel them off the wax paper and place on the cupcakes.

I wasn't too thrilled with the roses for the square cakes, but they were OK enough to use. My frosting was a little too stiff and I messed the color up, but thankfully they still liked it and were able to extend grace.

Success!!!








Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment